March 04, 2011

You really don't help

Have you ever done something, or carried on doing something that you knew you really shouldn't. Not for anyone else's benefit, but purely for your own? Like having one more biscuit from the jar when you've already had too many, or kept pressing the snooze button when you know it will make you late for work? Today I experienced this in the form of shoe shopping. Yes I've touched on this before. I had things to do today dammit, but instead I declared myself bored and if you've read this blog you will undoubtedly know that my first stop when borem kicks in is my frienemy, eBay.

I know I shouldn't have gone on there. I knew it would end in tears. Tears of equal parts joy and sadness as I realise that madness has kicked in. I succeeded in buying not one but two pairs of shoes, in the space of 2 hours. This cannot be healthy and surely cannot continue. I'm skint....SKINT!! Skint before the shoe purchases. Even worse after the shoe purchases. Do you think they have psychologists for this type of thing? I've seen confessions of a shopaholic. This won't end well!

But on the upside it was very smart shoe buying, both incredible bargains, which as everyone knows always takes the sting out of it.

First pair.... They are from Office and have been worn once. When they were first instore they were £80, and to my horror couldn't find a size 6 anywhere for the life of me, when they went into sale. So when I found them on ebay with 2 days left and the bid count quite high, I was so happy to see that the seller had put a Buy it now price up at £30. I wasn't going to let them get away not after what happened to the red ponyskin ones. Meet Pair ONE!



Second pair..... Black Topshop Boutique heels with ankle cuff. Again worn only the once and when they came into Topshop they too were £80. When I typed Topshop shoes into ebay I found a few pairs before I reached these. Sadly they were all either too big or too small. So you can imagine my excitement when I came across these. With no size in the title box my fingers were crossed when I opened the page. Size 6! YES! That made me very happy. I had no hesitation whatsoever getting these. The seller had only put up a Buy It Now price at £20!!! Yep £20. My jaw dropped. Oh well they are mine now and i will enjoy my shoes. Say hello to Pair TWO.....



I knew I loved shoes, what will I do next?? Probably go straight back on ebay. It's not good. Friends are telling me to stop but I weirdly enough have never had the nagging voice in the back of my head telling me to control the shoe buying even though I know that I will have to.

So today is the day that I officially diagnosed myself with Shoe Addiction. Strangely it feels rather good.

Pics taken by the each pairs respective ebay sellers, both of whom I am extremely thankful that they put those gorgeous shoes on ebay in the first place.

xxx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...